Home Instead Senior Care – 2010 Business of the YearPosted: March 15, 2011
After celebrating our fifth anniversay of opening our business in Marion County, our Home Instead Senior Care office was recently recognized as the 2010 “Business of the Year” by the Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce.
Mary and I started our business with a focus on several key areas. Our primary goal has always been to make a difference for each and every senior that we serve. First and foremost, we have worked on developing a reputation for providing exceptional levels of service. We have emphasized responsiveness, reliability and the hiring and training of a quality team of CAREGivers and office staff. Our office actively participates in the PEAQ Quality Program managed by J.D. Power and Associates. This program measures both Client and CAREGiver Satisfaction. From the very beginning, we have also emphasized community involvement through active membership in the Chamber of Commerce and the Ocala Rotary Club. We have also sponsored several key community programs.
Here are just a few of the key factors that have enabled our office to be recognized by the Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce:
- The key to providing quality care is the hiring and retention of an exceptional CAREGiver Team. Our company has a full time Hiring and Retention Coordinator who works on recruiting, screening and training a Team of CAREGivers. Home Instead Senior Care is a member of the AARP National Employer Team. AARP’s National Employer Team Members are employers that understand the changing demographics in the workforce, have demonstrated a sincere interest in recruiting and retaining older workers, and have gone through an extensive AARP application. Home Instead Senior Care in Ocala fully supports this program and participates because it recognizes mature worker’s valuable qualities. Mature workers are reliable, relate well to seniors, may have previously taken care of an older family member or friend and possess a strong work ethic.
- Our office fully participates in the Home Instead Senior Care program for “Pursing Excellence by Advancing Quality”. Home Instead Senior Care has partnered with J.D. Power and Associates to survey Clients and CAREGivers twice a year in order to insure consistent delivery of high quality care. Home Instead Senior Care places an ongoing emphasis on Organizational Leadership and CAREGiver Leadership. Our company realizes that quality care is most important to clients and family decision makers. The goal is to insure that every client’s experience is both a positive and impactful experience. This experience enables the CAREGiver – Client relationship to flourish. This positive relationship creates an environment where high quality care is provided and the senior’s expectations are exceeded. Our results for both Client and CAREGiver satisfaction consistently lead both the Southeast Regional and National Results for the franchise system. The company has received a 9.17 for Client Satisfaction and a 9.44 for CAREGiver satisfaction on a 10 point scale. All of the survey results are reviewed and used as a tool for continuous quality improvement.
- Home Instead Senior Care partners with Philips Lifeline and offers the only Auto Alert pendant-style button for emergencies. Auto Alert provides an added layer of protection for seniors. If a fall is detected and the button is not pushed due to disorientation, immobilization or unconsciousness, Lifeline automatically will call for help.
- Home Instead Senior Care is a proud member of the National Private Duty Association and also an active member of the Florida State Chapter of the NPDA. The National Private Duty Association is a non-profit organization which enhances the strength and professionalism for private duty home care providers through education, advocacy and best practices.
Our office as also initiated and sponsored several key community programs:
- Be a Santa to a Senior is Home Instead Senior Care’s Signature Annual Community Service Program. This program is designed to provide gifts and bring smiles to lonely and financially challenged seniors. The company works with several community partners to collect and distribute gifts to seniors throughout the community. Each year Home Instead Senior Care touches 400 – 600 seniors with this program. Ornaments with gift requests are placed on trees and displayed in the community. The gifts are wrapped and delivered by Home Instead Senior Care together with community volunteers.
- Home Instead Senior Care has partnered with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office in order to help protect seniors from accidently using expired medications as well as safeguarding them from potential theft. Hundreds of pounds of medications have been collected with the Mission Medicine program. The office staff collects the medications at the local Sheriff’s Stations. The medicines are properly handled and disposed of by the Sheriff’s Department. Refer to the attached flyer for more details.
- Home Instead Senior Care is the founder and primary sponsor for the Annual Top Senior Model Program. Funds are raised for local charities while providing an opportunity for Ocala Seniors to “Feel Good from the Outside In”. Twelve participants are selected from area Assisted Living and Rehabilitation Communities. In partnership with Dillard’s Department Store, every contestant receives a new outfit and makeover. At the Top Senior Model Program the contestants walk the runway and each is scored by Community Celebrity Judges. A King and Queen are selected as “Top Senior Models” and all contestants receive awards and recognition. Funds have been raised for Interfaith Emergencies Services and local Alzheimer’s Groups.
- Every Thursday, a Home Instead Senior Care CAREGiver entertains Ocala seniors with a Gaither Gospel Video Concert. Home Instead Senior Care schedules two programs each week in order to bring music and entertainment to Ocala area seniors. This program is provided at no cost and has proved to be very popular.
- With every new client Home Instead Senior Care makes a donation to Interfaith Emergency Services. The office also sponsors several CAREGiver Food Drives during the course of each year.
- Home Instead Senior Care encourages Clients, CAREGivers, Community Contacts and Staff to participate in local community fund raising drives and programs. The company’s Teams have raised thousands of dollars to improve the Ocala community and make a difference in Marion County.
Our entire Office Staff and CAREGiver Team wishes to thank the Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce for this recognition. We look forward to continuing to provide our senior clients with quality services while actively giving back to the Ocala Community.